Our resident Green Heron (Green-backed Heron?) was at the pond near my house this morning.

As to Chris’s observation that the warblers are skipping over us this year, I agree.  And it’s probably weather-related.  There’s still a lot of great habitat in southeast Missouri, but I’m not hearing the calls I usually hear this time of year.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape Girardeau county

ASM Spring Meeting in Joplin, April 27-29. John James Audubon impersonator and key speaker on Cliff Swallows. All are welcome. Details and Online Registration