Our resident Green Heron (Green-backed Heron?) was at the pond near my house this morning.

As to Chris’s observation that the warblers are skipping over us this year, I agree.  And it’s probably weather-related.  There’s still a lot of great habitat in southeast Missouri, but I’m not hearing the calls I usually hear this time of year.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape Girardeau county

ASM Spring Meeting: April 27-29 in Joplin, MO.
Field trips to grasslands, chert glades, savannahs, riparian
streams, wetlands, upland oak/hickory forest, and pines in
the southwest. Details and online registration at: