    I had  FOS Great-tailed Grackles at 15254 E. 32nd. St., Joplin,
    Jasper County side of the Jasper / Newton County line, today.
    I believe that it is the same date as last year.  Private property.
    FOS = First Of Season.

    Also had a FOS Baltimore Oriole singing at our Joplin residence
    this morning.  Seriously, it sounds like the same individual from
    the last couple of years.  His particular phrases are recognizable,
    as are many of the BAOR.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhiaATatt.net  4-24-12.

ASM Spring Meeting: April 27-29 in Joplin, MO.
Field trips to grasslands, chert glades, savannahs, riparian
streams, wetlands, upland oak/hickory forest, and pines in
the southwest. Details and online registration at: