Matt: I think the Zoo should give this duck it's true name of Ferruginous
Pochard. Your designation of "Australian White Eye" is misleading. First
this species is wide ranging (So. America, Europe and Asia) The word
Australia implies it is only found there.
Also, the white eye is only found on the males where the female has a brown
eye. I believe a sophisticated ornithology department like the Zoo should
use the proper name for a species and not some "common" reference.
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County

--
D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the
WORLD.”

ASM Spring Meeting: April 27-29 in Joplin, MO.
Field trips to grasslands, chert glades, savannahs, riparian
streams, wetlands, upland oak/hickory forest, and pines in
the southwest. Details and online registration at: