From: Andrew Reago <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Waterthrush Video Quiz - Louisiana or Northern?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 12:45 AM

I digiscoped this Waterthrush at Tower Grove Park in St. Louis Missouri on Saturday 4/21/12.  I thought this Waterthrush would make a good quiz for those trying to learn to tell their Louisiana from their Northern Waterthrush, like me.  When the Waterthrush migrate through Tower Grove Park, they are typically not singing, so I can't go by that.  I am pretty sure this is a whitish Northern, but I'd like to generate a discussion on MOBIRDS about what others think about the complexities of telling the differences, especially when a whitish Northern might be involved.  Here's the video:

Thanks,
Andy Reago
St. Louis MO

Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / [log in to unmask]">Email the list owners

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

ASM Spring Meeting in Joplin, April 27-29. John James Audubon impersonator and key speaker on Cliff Swallows. All are welcome. Details and Online Registration