I had less than a 2 hour span on Thursday afternoon between staff meetings
so chose to grab my camera and spend it at EBCA, glad I did!  At the water
gate 6 I was very pleasantly surprised with a life bird, a Yellow-Headed
Blackbird!  It was quite cooperative and allowed me to take a few dozen
photos! I have not had time to put on Flickr yet but will do so this weekend.
There are hundreds & hundreds of shorebirds all along the distribution channel
and in Pool 14 as others have previously stated.  I saw the two Sandhill Cranes
fly over Pool 4 and then later land across the main distribution channel.
Eagle Bluffs was the place to be today so won't duplicate the listings too
much:
Shorebirds:  Greater/Lesser Yellowlegs; Pectoral; Solitary; Killdeer; Least
Sandpipers; Spotted; Dunlin;
Bald Eagle-1
Red Tailed Hawk-2
Osprey-1
Sora-6
Virginia Rail-1
Avocet-8
Great Egrets-7; Great Blue Herons-16;
Northern Waterthrush-2
 Great Crested Cormorants-6
Kingfisher-1
Ruddy Ducks-9
Pied Billed grebes
mallards, lots of Blue-winged Teal,Woodducks-9;
Ring-Necked ducks,Northern Shovelers, Coots, Canada Geese,
Amer. White pelicans

all in all for a less than 2 hour window of time, lots of photos and a nice respite
from meetings however I was a few minutes late for my 3:30 pm meeting...just
one more photo hangs me up every time.

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: April 27-29 in Joplin, MO.
John James Audubon impersonator and keynote speaker on Cliff
Swallows. All are welcome. Details and online registration at: