There were good numbers of shorebirds both at Columbia Bottom. The best
birds of the day were 2 Hudsonian Godwits and one Marbled Godwit in Heron
Pond in Riverlands. I hope they will still be there tomorrow for the WGNS field
trip. Also I found one Ross' Goose in Teal Pond when I was leaving. I never
saw a Ross' Goose in April. In Columbia Bottom CA, I found both yellowlegs,
pectoral sandpipers, several solitary sandpipers, least sandpipers, Dunlins, and
both species of dowitchers. In Riverlands, I did not see any dowitcher but saw
solitary sandpipers, pectoral sandpipers, least sandpipers, a lot of Lesser
Yellowlegs, a few Greater Yellowlegs, Dunlins, and semipalmated plovers.
There were not very many birds in Ellis Bay. There were American White
pelicans and Double-crested Cormorants. Cliff Swallows have arrived.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner