Take the first right past the levee road in Illinois after crossing the Miss. River bridge from Missouri.  About a mile south on that road, at about 6:30 Saturday evening, we saw a bald eagle catch, drown and eat something we couldn’t identify.  There were at least three black-necked stilts in there, several blue-winged teal, and about a dozen of what were probably dowitchers.  The distance was great and the wind fierce, so I wouldn’t swear to the dowitchers but am going on gestalt and feeding pattern.  We just drove over after dinner and, sadly, didn’t have a scope with us.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape Girardeau County

ASM Spring Meeting in Joplin, April 27-29. John James Audubon impersonator and key speaker on Cliff Swallows. All are welcome. Details and Online Registration