Amy.

Yes, you most certainly can have a scissor-tailed in town.  I'm 90% certain I had one In Jeff City on Jefferson about a year or so ago. The tail meant it couldn't be anything else.  I've seen too many mockingbirds to know that wasn't it.  And my first scissor-tailed was pointed out to me by my brother in Dallas, sitting on a fence at a tennis complex, right in the middle of the metroplex.

Jane Frazier
Jeff City

ASM Spring Meeting in Joplin, April 27-29. John James Audubon impersonator and key speaker on Cliff Swallows. All are welcome. Details and Online Registration