Nancy and I were hiking Clifty Creek CA this afternoon; when we reached the highest point on the creek trail I heard Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, we looked around but could not locate the bird when Nancy said there it is right above us. I moved about 20/30 feet down the trail and to my surprise there were two of them and they we just completing a nest, if fact the female was sitting in the nest getting it prepared as they continued to bring in material. To cool, here is it April 8 and Blue Gray Gnatcatchers are nest building. Nashville Warblers were in the area also.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.