We still have lots of yellow-rumped warblers, hermit thrushes (2), E. Phoebe (1
male, not sure about female) and ruby-crowned kinglets. I saw one of the
Cooper's Hawks again this morning, too.

Monday, I was focused on getting some video at the bubbler when I heard a
branch scrape the roof of the gazebo. I turned to see a Great Blue Heron flying
SE from the bald cypress there. Who knows how long he watched me, or
perhaps the fish in the pond.

I must admit, the unusually warm spring we've had is very unsettling to me.
The tiny green inchworms (moth caterpillars) that the warblers usually feast on
are getting very large and being picked up on the ground by other birds. I
watched a N. Cardinal struggle to get one down. What will sustain the warblers
when they do arrive? The timing of food availability and bird migration is out of
sync this year.

Birds do seem to be enjoying the bubbler even in the chilly 42 degrees this
morning. I've posted a few short videos on my YouTube channel if anyone would
like to view them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXGe6p-H0g4

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO