From what Paul and I discovered watching the bird it would be best to stop
just after going under the bridge and scan for the bird from there before
entering the lot. It seems like if any activity in the parking lot it hides.
I suspect there is usually very little activity so that's why it's hanging
in the area. We creeped across the center of the lot and I spotted it
between cars and it quickly ducked behind them in the grass.
Al Smith