Scoped the Moniteau Co side of the Missouri River and all of the exposed rocks
of the dikes this morning from 7:30-8:45 am. No caracara and only one great
blue heron and turkey vulture on the rocks. Wood ducks in the river, roadside
rainwater pools, and Bonne Femme Creek; northern harrier, red-tailed hawk,
and kestrels were the only raptors in the fields on the Boone Co side. One
yellowlegs and killdeer, the only shorebirds.

Black-and-white warblers first heard on our bluff property yesterday - about
on-time in calendar terms according to my notes from previous years - worm-
eating warblers should turn up in the next few days, but none so far.

Carl Gerhardt
Easley, Boone County