Today
 I watched sixty (60) American Golden-Plover at Muskrat Lake, Saint
Joseph, Missouri. I first I noticed five (5) of them in the shallow
water on the far shore. Then fifty-five (55) more came circling in
overhead. They did a few fly-overs and then landed near the north end of
 the lake. Presently, the original five (5) flew over to join the larger
 group. They all preened and picked at apparent food items. They then
flew a short distance to the pasture which was in short grass. They
squiggled down in the short grass (becoming almost invisible) and
rested. I then went on my way. The was one (1) Semipalmated Plover near
them when they were in the shallow water. The one was picking around on
the muddy shore. A few other shorebirds included three (3) Greater Yellowlegs, one (1) Stilt Sandpiper and some Killdeer.Larry LadeSaint Joseph, MO