Well the third time is the charm.  Went after work for the third time this week and arrived there at 4:40.  Walked around the parking lot and down the road and at 5:15 when around thirty yards past the conservation sign a bird flew from the north overhead, did a ninety degree right turn and flew parallel to the edge of the field.  The bird came down on snag at the edge of the field across from the sign.  It stayed for a couple of minutes and then moved to another snag a bit more out in the field.  I went back to my car to get my camera and when I came back I could not relocate it.

Still, had wonderful looks at this new state bird for me.

Many thanks to all that have continued posting updates on this bird.

Steve Griffaw
Jefferson City MO.