I stopped at the Comfort Inn parking area to check on this nest earlier
today. The nest now has two large young owls that are about ready to leave
the nest. In fact while I was there, one of the young climbed out onto a
limb but later went back to the nest. These young are now good subjects for
photgraphs. The mother owl was in another nearby tree standing guard over
the nest. She was occasionally harassed by 5 or 6 crows. Click on the link
below to see the photo I took of the nest this morning:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/7024024395/

With the development of leaves, the nest won't be as visible in the near
future.
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County
D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website:  www.seniordogs4seniors.com
Home:  636.458.1892
Diane Cell:  314.452.3063
Bringing senior dogs and people together

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the
WORLD.”