Louisiana Water thrush along the Mill Creek, we also heard N. Parula and Yellow throated Warbler and large flocks of migrating Yellow rumps, but the real treat of the day were the wildflowers. We located Bellwort, Indian Paint Brush, Hoary Puccoon, Buttercups, Yellow Star grass and the sweet smell of Sassafras. Fire pink, Columbine, Ground Grape, Bluebells and Blue Phlox are everywhere. Dutchman britches, Bloodroot and Spring beauties cover the ground. Red bud and Dogwood in bloom and the aroma of the Wild Plumb is so sweet this year that you want to bottle it and take it home..................Spring birding in the Ozarks, Ahhhhhhhhhh life is good.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/