The SAY'S PHOEBE was incredibly cooperative for me this morning at 8AM at Capital View Access (Callaway Co.).  I watched the bird for at least 40 minutes as it hunted the field adjacent the parking lot, then the rains picked up and I had get out of there.  Thanks to all for the updates and Bill Clark for finding and reporting the bird.

As Ryan Douglas already mentioned, I met up with him for a while at Eagle Bluffs CA (Boone Co).  The CLIFF SWALLOWS we observed appear to be the 2nd earliest record for Missouri, at least according to R & E (1992), which lists the earliest spring arrival as March 16, 1963 in Rolla and the next as March 27, 1976 at Little Dixie Lake CA.  Certainly the first I have ever seen in March. In addition to what Ryan already mentioned (and after he had to go) I added an adult female MERLIN.  And, the only shorebirds we (I) had were:  Killdeer, (3) American Golden Plover, (3) Lesser Yellowlegs, and (10) Wilson's Snipe.

On the way home I had my first of year GREAT EGRET where Lake St. Louis crosses Hwy 64/40 (St. Charles Co.).

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
MO-Records: www.showme-birds.com