I was outside playing with the dog at about 6:30 and noticed the first Purple Martin to arrive at my neighbors Martin houses.  I went and told him that they had finally arrived and as we were sitting outside talking and raising the houses, the one Purple Martin that was around flew into the house as it was going up!  I guess he knew where he belonged and was anxious to get back here.  So the Purple Martins have now made it to the north end of the state.

Mark McNeely
302 First Street
Fairfax MO 64446