Today I got to see the Say's Phoebe at Capital View Access around 9:40 am
and this bird became No. 297 on my Missouri life list. Now I need three more to
reach 300. After that, I drove north to Eagle Bluff CA and had a pretty good
result. At Eagle Bluff, I got a total of 30 species including Sandhill Cranes ( I
saw three of them), Horned Grebe (just one - my FOY), several Pied-billed
Grebes, 11 species of ducks ( Mallard, Green-winged Teal, Blue-winged Teal,
Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Lesser Scaup ( a lot of them), Ruddy Duck,
Bufflehead, Ring-necked Duck, Redhead ( 2 male and 3 female), and Hooded
Merganser - 1 male and 1 female), Wilson's Snipe ( several), Greater
Yellowlegs (6), Double-crested Cormorant, and American Coot (hundreds of
them). I estimate that over 800 ducks were there. Saw some Yellow-rumped
Warblers. It's pretty odd that I did not see a single Killdeer at Eagle Bluff.
I wanted to go to Bradford Farm but ran out of time. I had to get home
around 4:30 pm.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner