Amy mentioned decreasing strikes over time and the possibility of learning
by affected animals.  I wonder if the decreased evidence of strikes could
be due to learning by other animals besides birds.

Given the numbers of cats, foxes, opossums, and raccoons in urban areas,
perhaps some of them have put the building's perimeter on their nightly
foraging rounds.  Migrants are more likely to be on the move during hours
of darkness or poor light, and be unfamiliar with the structures present.
But, not much evidence left in the morning for humans to notice?

Jeff Witters
Olathe, KS