I saw my first Tree Swallows of the year at Horseshoe Lake (Buchanan County) yesterday. there were three of them.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

--- On Thu, 3/22/12, Dianne & Steve Kinder <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Barn Swallow, Livingston Co.
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2012, 9:57 PM

I saw my first Barn Swallow of the year west of town at Thompson River Wetland this evening. It was flying around with 3 Tree Swallows. One Greater Yellowlegs and a flock of 25 Pectoral Sandpipers were only shorebirds besides couple of Killdeer. Group of 10 White Pelicans, assortment of Ducks, Coots, Geese, and two GB Herons only other water type birds there today.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe