I went down to Capital View Access this afternoon and the Say's Phoebe showed on the sign after I had been there about an hour. After that I went to Pine Ridge Campground. At 3:30 when I got there I heard two Barred Owls calling very close. I played them on my iPod and they both flew right up to me and sat there glaring at me and calling to each other. They stayed for several minutes then flew deeper into the woods where they continued to call for about 10 minutes. Right after that I got a Pine Warbler who flew around giving several very good looks. Other birds included 2 Red-breasted Nuthatches, an Eastern Phoebe, a Chipping Sparrow, and 2 Northern Flickers (Yellow Shafted).

Eric Wood
Columbia Mo.