Thank you everyone for all your help!

I’ve decided to refer to the AOU Checklist!

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edge
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RE OT spelling, punctuation

All this is correct.  The editor/style battle/tiff over bird names will continue.  I tend to use the version that is "correct" by AOU standards.  It is up to the publication editor to convert to the style used for that publication.  Much of the capitalization difference stems from printers' need/reluctance to change case.  Now pretty moot, but the precedence prevails.

Edge Wade

Columbia, MO