A traveling friend called me today about 3:30 to report what he thought to
be a great horned owl or possibly large hawk (dark brown feathers), piled up
on the edge of the median, eastbound I-44 at the 103.4 milepost.  If anyone
in the area could swing by and make a positive ID, safely?
Would've sent this earlier, but we were having one heckuva thunderstorm, and
my computer-room was shut down for the duration.

Ken Thompson ([log in to unmask])
 Moline Acres (North StLouis county) MO