early (!) FOY bird for Jim and I......

Singing YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at Rockwood Res, St. Louis co.
Maybe 2 birds in the area if my chip ID is correct.
Located well into the Res  just before the old Cobb Cavern parking lot.
Think this is the earliest for me/us. Know I usually get waterthrush at
least
a few days before these guys come in. Don't think there is enough
running water
in the creek yet. It's been very dry out there.
Also heard/saw 2 CHIPPING SPARROWS at Turkey Ridge parking lot.
Had singing PINE WARBLERS there earlier in March but did not hear it today.

Heard a RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET on Friday, Brady had one on Wednesday
in his yard out here in SW co.

Boy, sure hope there is not a cold spell after all these early arrivals.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.