Common Gallinule is in vogue right now.

http://mobirds.org/RecordsCommittee/MOChecklist.aspx

Christine, the current taxonomy is always on the MOBIRDS.ORG website, with all the current English and latin names. The names are changing rapidly these last few years, so, the Missouri Bird Records Committee, modifies the ASM Checklist online as soon as the changes are published in the AUK or a AOU supplement.

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Kline
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 2:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: No sighting ~ Common Moorhen or Common Gallinule?

Hello listers!

I need your help again.  I appreciate your time.  Still working on our new IBA guide.  Which name is currently accepted?  Common Moorhen or Common Gallinule?

Christine Kline

Board Member ~ Friends of Squaw Creek and Burroughs Audubon

Pleasant Hill, Missouri ~ Cass County

Home/Office: (816) 540-3515

Cell: (816) 824-1074