    Three of us searched for the Northern Shrike on the farm this morning,
    three miles west of Pineville, McDonald County, Hwy. H., and
    had no luck.  Brian Davis, Joyce Haynes, and I, had 32 species
    otherwise.  It was very windy.  The birds will be placed on ebird.
    The documented NSHR was first observed on Jan. 6, and last
    observed on Feb. 25.

    Another off topic item that we three have noticed down here in sw MO.
    this winter is the lack of sparrows: white-throats, white crowned,
    and songs, for example.

    Good birding,  Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
    certhiaATatt.net  03-02-12.