Greetings,

Nothing new or super spectacular to report except only observations in passing.

While in the deep Bootheel Monday in Pesmiscot and Dunklin Counties, 8 seperate Loggerhead Shrikes (LOSH) were observed including one obvious pair.

Seperately, I have observed at least 5 individual LOSH in Stoddard County and that's without going into the Dexter Rice fields area located south and east of Dexter. I remember there were at least 3 LOSH there in the rice fields last Spring while we were watching the late, massive flocks of American Golden Plovers.

I know of at least 5 more LOSH in New Madrid County and at least 3 in Scott County. I would imagine more are present, but these are what I have observed over the past year.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar
Bloomfield, MO
Stoddard Co.