From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 10:38 PM
Subject: birding weekends no sighting

Amy and Mobirders -

Amy asks about a birding festival out of state.
That gives me a lead to plug the ASM weekend on
April 27, 28, and 29, in Joplin.

There will be plenty of birding down here in the corner
if you all would like to come.  I called six motels
randomly and they all said, with a few days notice, that
they have plenty of room in spite of the many out of towners
working on the tornado disaster area.

We have quite a few places to go birding to down here.
MDC has several areas.  DNR has PSP and Big Sugar.
There is the nature center and those trails.  I'm sure
that we'll come up with several field trip leaders.

Charles Brown has studied Cliff Swallows for a loooong
time is our banquet speaker.  Great fellow.  You'll really
enjoy him.

I'd say that, with the advance of the season, that last
weekend in April will not be too early for warbler migrants.

Joplin sounds like a good place to be that weekend, Amy.

Good birding,  Larry Herbert, Joplin MO.  certhiaATatt.net