Spring Greetings!

A couple quick questions. Not sure if this is noteworthy for the Spring seasonal compiler, but isn't it a bit early for White-breasted Nuthatches to be feeding young, and if here on March 4th the parents are feeding young, would I need to include this information with my Winter records submitted to the winter seasonal compiler since it only stands to reason that nesting must have occurred in Winter?

I did observed two adults zipping in and out of a cavity over the Duck Creek CA headquarters' parking lot this evening. I paused and digiscoped the adults carrying foodstuffs into the cavity and observed one carry out a fecal sack. I was/am still a bit shocked at these activities so early in the year. I know I'm showing my ignorance, but watching resident species' nest habits/activities has not been a focal point of mine . . . at least until now.

Thanks for any information in advance!

Bird On!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.