Had time for a very brief walk after work this evening at the Forum
Nature Area.  There were 50-60 mallards, approx. 40 Green Winged
Teals, 12 Canada Geese, a pair of Pintails, and 5 Killdeer.   The
entire area had a great energy of life as I walked through.  The
sunset was absolutely gorgeous.   If you've not admired the Green
Winged Teals, this is a great time because they've been hanging out
for at least the last 2 weeks.  You can get very nice close views.  I
walked in at 5:30 (the center entrance off the MKT trail) and the
scrubby area was alive with dozens of Cardinals flitting and when I
phished, I was rewarded with approx. a dozen Fox Sparrows and a pair
of Caroline Wrens.  They perched in the top of the scrub and the
fading sun caught them and they were shown to their best advantage.

Can't wait for the weekend ahead to see what may be passing through,
Lottie Bushmann
Columbia, MO
Boone Co.