Nancy and I recently returned from a lovely birding trip to the Chiriqui
Highlands of Panama.   Cool and comfortable temperatures were the rule
rather than the intense heat of the lowlands and canal area.  There are
about 40 endemics in this area that are not accessible in other parts of
Panama.

If anyone wants information about birding this area I can offer references
(off-line) for our very nice hotel and very good, hard working birding
guide.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO