As Jim and I were traveling west on I-64 from Chesterfield Valley
into St. Charles co., we crossed the MO River on the Boone Bridge.
I spotted a PEREGRINE chasing a TURKEY VULTURE away from the
bridge as if it were defending a territory.
Have Peregrines nested on the Boone Bridge before?

If this species is nesting here now I hope the future repair of the
bridge does not interfere...maybe not since it begins in the fall of
2012 (??)
http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/stcharles/news/article_dc799b4e-cc76-52cc-bf2e-e9deceef551c.html

BTW, Peregrines seem to be on territory on the Melvin Price Dam at
Riverlands.

Nitie-nite,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.