We are seeking abstracts for a special session at the MLA 2013 in Boston, MA, January 3-6, 2013

"One Thing Led to Another — Our 'AltAc' Jobs"

The “Alternative Academic” position/career is becoming more common. We seek contributions describing paths to one's “altac” job, with its opportunities and challenges. 250-word abstracts. by 15 March 2012; Brenda Bethman ([log in to unmask]) and Shaun Longstreet ([log in to unmask]).

http://www.mla.org/cfp_detail_4938#

Brenda Bethman, Ph.D.
Director, UMKC Women’s Center
Acting Director, Women’s & Gender Studies Program
Affiliated Faculty in German, Dept. of Foreign Languages & Literatures
105 Haag Hall
816.235.1643
http://www.umkc.edu/womenc
http://cas.umkc.edu/wgs