Catherine: Yes, I stopped there this morning and apparently the eggs have hatched. There was a white fuzzy baby owllet in front of the female in the nest. The best place to view the nest is in the far west parking lot of the Comfort Inn. The female GHO is very visible now as she sits higher on the nest with her young. The best time of day to shoot photos of the nest is in the morning when the sun hits the nest directly.I have taken many pictures with the long lens and they have turned out fairly well. When the owlets get bigger it will be fun to see.
Good luck,
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County