Last evening as I took my walk in my Columbia neighborhood, there were several large skeins of snow geese overhead, flying north.  As the third group was passing over,  I noticed far to the right 3 geese  rather struggling,  seeming to knock into each other, changing direction, trying to catch up.   As I stood there silently rooting them on,   the lead goose in the large skein dipped right – and the whole flock followed suit and flew over to the three struggling geese; absorbed them into the formation, and everybody headed north again.     It was the coolest thing to witness -  might be some humans could learn from that example!

Jean Leonatti

Boone County

Columbia,  MO