I spoted a Northern shrike yestrday, south of Hurdland Lake.  Anne Downing
saw one at the same spot back in Dec.  I've been back several time since
then and did not see it.  I'm thanking this is the same bird.  I saw the shrike
at around 11:00am. I watched it for about a hour, then it went down over the
hill, it didn't show again.  I went back around 3pm and could not find it.  It's
on Private land and don't know who owns it yet.  I will post if I see it again.

How To Flush A Snowy Owl:  Please do not juge all photograghers by one or
two that dosn't care about the will being of thier subject.  I would have
proibily confronted that guy, in the video, which that would have made thangs
worst, but that just inrages me.    Flushing a bird while trying to get a photo
is going to happen, I don't care how good you are at stalking.  But knowing
your subjects behavior and tolerance to your approuch is a must.  The guy in
the video just didn't care about the owl or other folks trying to see the owls.
No Respect!!

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.
Adair Co