 From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:46 PM
Subject: SNOW

No sighting, but...

IMO a Snowy Owl would be smart to avoid
confrontation like that with a Great Horned
Owl.
I'm enjoying, of course, the SNOW vs. RT Hawk
video.

When I was a young birder at Emporia
Kansas,
I heard of a Great Horned Owl having a Snowy
Owl
for lunch.  Unfortunately this confrontation
didn't
wind up, or I didn't find it, in the
literature.

Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County,