This morning at Pertle Springs in Warrensburg I saw two Common Redpolls.
They were on the southwest edge of the largest lake in the Springs, just
around the corner and east of the spillway. They are an easy ID with their red
caps on the top of the head, stubby bills, and streaks on the upper sides. I
believe the one I saw most clearly was a male. The only other time I've seen a
Common Redpoll was a female in the winter of 08 at a feeder at Ruth
Simmons's house in Lee's Summit. At least one of the birds I saw had a more
extensive red cap than the bird at her place along with a faint pinkness on the
upper chest.

Larry Olpin
Warrensburg, MO