My Colorado baning buddy was down Texas way in January banding Shrikes
and they all have orange bands.  So keep your eyes open.  Here is her
message and email address:

"Hi Birder Friends -

Two weeks ago, I returned from a shrike banding foray in south TX. We found
a few birds - likely resident breeders - calling and defending territories.
However, preliminary analysis shows that a significant percentage of the
shrikes we caught are migrants, many from the NE part of the US. All 152 birds
were banded with an orange band on the left leg, which should be readily
visible. They were all caught along the Gulf Coast and slightly inland, from Port
Lavaca to about 80 miles northeast.

I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word to birders in your state to be on
the lookout for orange-banded shrikes as they pass through in the coming
months. Sightings would be very helpful, with locations as precise as possible.

I'm also thinking that migration might be early. When you start seeing shrikes
on the move, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Susan Craig
Colorado Springs, CO