I returned to the location where I saw the NSHR yesterday and poked around
the area for 45 minutes and did not re-find the bird.  For those who might
want to try for it, the location is about .5 miles north of the intersection
of hwy 47 and Clearview Road on the east side of 47.  An unpaved road,
Hi-Line Industrial Drive, parallels 47 on the east side and dead-ends in the
area where the bird was last seen.  This is probably a better starting point
than stopping on the narrow shoulder of hwy 47 which is a heavily traveled
major highway.  The location is a wide brushy cut under a major transmission
line from the Labadie power plant. If the bird is still around it is likely
farther east of the highway.  I searched the area until it started to rain
hoping for another look and perhaps a photo but...no dice.
Don Hays
Donald R. Hays
Union, Franklin Co., Missouri