The Graduate Student Caucus, an affiliate organization of the MLA,
invites proposals for papers to be presented at the 2013 MLA annual
meeting (Boston, Jan. 3-6, 2013). Please send abstracts (ca. 250
words) to Ervin Malakaj ([log in to unmask]) by March 10.

LGBTQI graduate students encounter a variety of barriers  structural,
institutional, covert, implicit  as they prepare to enter the
profession, which remains an unchanged challenge for many young
scholars. We invite scholars from all stages of their academic career
to submit proposals for papers that call attention to areas where
higher education is falling short of its commitment to equality,
diversity, accessibility, visibility, and integration. We welcome
papers that would contribute to a larger discussion about how these
barriers can be identified and suggestions for how they can be
overcome.