Just got back from BK leach. The snowy owl must have moved because it was at about 1 mile from any road. It was farther south of the green shed and about half way across the field towards the levee.

From: Jason G. Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: snowy@BL Leach

How disturbing.  If the Owl is by the machine shed...how can it be on private
property?  If its in the area it was yesterday...that indeed is private property.
When you say close viewing...with vehicles...it must be in a different field with
an access road, etc...

I feared it would not take too long for some to abuse this Owl's space.  As
much as I love to see them...and photograph them...its just a matter of time
before someone "pushes" the owl off.  Why can't folks just accept where the
owl is?  If the owl moves on its on and gets closer to those
viewing/photographing it, that is fine and great.

If MDC has been made aware...why is that they can't enforce the statue
where it states that Federally protected birds can't be pursued?  I know that
is a loose term, but driving off road to get closer views of it could be
understood as pursing the owl.

I guess it all boils down to the term close...how close were they getting to
the owl?  If they are not disturbing the owl, mearly getting closer via a road,
with permission...I am sure that will be deemed ok by the law.  It all depends
on how close is close.

Jason G. Harrison
Troy Mo.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/