Eagle Bluffs this evening provided a very nice variety of birdlife for those
visiting the area; The Sandhill Cranes were seen near the first one-way roads
across from the junction box. Around 4:30pm there were approximately 40
Gulls, mostly Ring-billed from those that were flew close enough to identify.
Approximately 11-12 American White Pelicans flew over Pool 14 then 10; then
drifted higher and flew north.
Also in pools 14/15 were a group of 8 Trumpeter Swans, identified at a distance
by Betsy Garrett, Ann LeBrunerie (sorry I do not know the correct spelling of
the last name) and one gentleman whose name I do not know & myself.  The
5-5:30pm show presented two Harriers hunting and 3 or 4 Short-Eared Owls
hunting and chasing one another.The curtain coming down on the show were
the hundreds of thousands of blackbirds streaming in from all directions and a
spectacular sunset.
A very nice variety in a wonderful place!

 BUT I might add that not only are people continuing to walk back to the refuge
area to the water,  that is still closed off, tonight we viewed people driving
around the locked gate and driving down the road!

Carol Weston
columbia, mo

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/