Hi MOBirders:

I helped out with Eagle Days Sunday morning on the old Chain o' Rocks bridge over the Mississippi River at St. Louis.

From my station on the bridge deck I counted 14 BALD EAGLEs, 1 1st-cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL and 1 PEREGRINE FALCON that rocketed by the railing early in the morning.

2 MUTE SWANs, upriver of the I-270 bridge, swam from the Illinois side to the Missouri side.

There were 100s of gulls flying above the rapids and on the rocks and ice immediately downriver of the old bridge.

Mike Thelen
U City, StL Cnty, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/