Spreading food for any animal requires a sense of responsibility towards that animal.  It goes without saying that the dove is now dependent on that seed around the gravel.  So if we as responsible birders maintain that  food the bird might survive  to be able to return to its natural habitat. Or attract others of its kind.

We are always happy to see anew bird to add to our lists. It is always sad to think about the future prospects  of that lone wandering bird. No doubt many of the birds that are far from their own territory are doomed.

The birding hobby is surely more than just listing...although that is the fun part.

So hopefully the bird will receive the care it needs.  And it sure was fun to watch.  And to add to the state list.

Anne Downing

Sent from my iPad.