In early to Mid-December I photographed approximately 8-10 Short-eared owls
either in flight over Pool 10 at Eagle Bluffs or sitting on reeds in Pool 10; I thought
they were migrating through, so did not mention it previously, sorry; but from
recent posts, it seems they have stayed! Also the Sandhill Cranes were visible in
the corn stalks between the pulloff for pool 5 and pool 8 a couple days ago; very
difficult to see with blending of coloration and surrounding; Thursday there were
also 3 immature Bald Eagles including 2 perched in the dead tree near pool 13/5
where one often sees the mature ones.

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO