     We are compiling a statewide count of Trumpeter Swans in conjunction with the national count being conducted by the Trumpeter Swan Society from 1/3-1/10/2012.
     From 1990-2010 Missouri observers have recorded the highest number of Trumpeter Swans wintering in states south of the 40th parallel with sightings in 41 of 114 counties.  RMBS is the single most important wintering site of the southern states with counts of 500+ individuals in the past few years.  For more information, see the websites below:

http://riverlands.audubon.org/
www.trumpeterswansociety.org

Please report all swan sightings from 1/4/2012-1/10/2012 to the list serve, or send any reports of swans to Lane Richter, Audubon Center at Riverlands, [log in to unmask].  Lane has volunteered to compile the statewide results.  Please include the location of the swans, city and/or county, the date, and the number seen.

When the totals from all of the states are available, we will share them with you.  Thanks you for your contribution to this nationwide project!

Pat Lueders, Saint Louis, MO