We are compiling a statewide count of Trumpeter Swans  in conjunction with
the national count being conducted by the Trumpeter Swan  Society from
1/3-1/10/2012.
     From 1990-2010 Missouri observers have recorded  the highest number of
Trumpeter Swans wintering in states south of the 40th  parallel with
sightings in 41 of 114 counties.  RMBS is the single most  important wintering
site of the southern states with counts of 500+ individuals  in the past few
years.  For more information, see the websites below:

_http://riverlands.audubon.org/_ (http://riverlands.audubon.org/)
_www.trumpeterswansociety.org_ (http://www.trumpeterswansociety.org)

Please report all swan sightings from 1/4/2012-1/10/2012  to the list
serve, or send any reports of swans to Lane Richter, Audubon  Center at
Riverlands, [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) .  Lane has
volunteered to compile the statewide results.  Please include the location  of the
swans, city and/or county, the date, and the number seen.

When the totals from all of the states are available, we will share them
with you.  Thanks you for your contribution to this nationwide  project!

Pat Lueders, Saint Louis, MO